This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Lock screen

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Does the mouse / key will work when lock screen? (mean Alt&Ctrl&Del, then lock)
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
No. The purpose of Move Mouse is to prevent the lock screen from appearing. I don't believe (although have never looked into) it is possible to generate keystrokes or mouse movements whilst the machine is locked.
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Hi,

I love this program - so useful. Is it possible to have the ability to lock the computer as well as move the mouse.

This might sound strange, but I use this program in a corporate environment to stop my computer from going into sleep mode .

this of course means that the lock screen does not appear (perfectly valid outcome), but i'm thinking that it would be a fine addition to the already extensive functionality of this fine program if an option for locking the screen is permitted.

This could be in the form of sending Windows + L to lock the screen.

thanks
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Hi Kishra,

The functionality you describe can be achieved using the blackout schedule. If you have a blackout schedule the prevents Move Mouse from operating outside of normal business hours, and have your screensaver lock the machine, you should find the your machines will all naturally lock at the end of the day.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Edited Apr 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Hi Kishra,

If you look the new 2.6.0 version that I released yesterday, you can now achieve this with the Custom Scripts feature, and the "Lock screen" snippet from the Script Examples (https://movemouse.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Script%20Examples).

Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 20 at 10:33 PM
It seems this now works on Windows 10 (even though I don't think it should!).

There will be an option in the new version that can disable this, although for now it should work for you.
Marked as answer by sw3103 on 3/20/2017 at 2:33 PM