This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mouse Move .Bat

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:35 PM
Hi,

I have used Mouse Move int eh past and it works a treat. the problem i currently face is that my system will not allow its users to run .exe

is there a way that i can use Mouse Move (or achieve the same) without using a .exe?

Ultimate goal is to stop my system from timing out and Locking.

thank you
Coordinator
Feb 2, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Hi,

Move Mouse can only be compiled as an EXE file.

You can of course replicate pretty much any of Move Mouse’s behaviour using scripts.

Are you comfortable with PowerShell? Which of Move Mouse’s features do you want to use (move/click mouse, send keystroke, etc.)?

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:46 AM
All i wish to do is prevent my system from continually locking. the move of the mouse was my aim.

Currently i have created a small VBS to toggle num lock on and off. I have found that over a period of time, my mouse becomes a little jumpy, so i assume that my VBS is hogging a little too much memory for what it is doing.
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Are you running the script from a scheduled task, continuous loop, etc.?

Can you paste the code on here for me to take a look?

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:17 AM
The scrip I am using is:

Dim objResult

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
i = 0

Do While i = 0
objResult = objShell.sendkeys("{NUMLOCK}{NUMLOCK}")
Wscript.Sleep (120000)
Loop

I have increased the sleep time from 3000 to 120000 to give the processor a bit of a break. I only made this change this morning so shall see how the system responds
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2015 at 12:33 PM

This all looks fine to me. Even running this every 3 seconds like you were originally, it shouldn’t really have had a noticeable effect on your resources.

Remember – you only need this to run once within the time it takes for our screensaver to start. If you have your screensaver set to 10 minutes, then maybe run this every 9 minutes.

Marked as answer by sw3103 on 3/20/2017 at 2:24 PM