This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Terminal Server Use

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:26 AM
Is there a way to run the executable file for multiple users logged into the same terminal server? If I attempt to launch the utility more than once on the same terminal server under different user accounts, it refuses to load additional instances after the initial one. Best case scenario, I would like some, not all users, on the same terminal server to be logged in with the utility running at the same time.

Thank you.
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2015 at 11:34 AM
This is just lazy coding on my part :) I am checking for multiple running instances, although not who is running them.

Are you using Move Mouse to keep the Terminal session active?
Jun 24, 2015 at 4:01 PM
Correct. I'd like to keep some sessions active, but not all.

Thanks again.
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2015 at 5:11 PM
I don't believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you can keep a Terminal session alive from within the session itself. You will need to run Move Mouse on the client side, which tricks Terminal Server into thinking that the client is still active.
Jun 24, 2015 at 8:36 PM
It seems to keep the terminal session alive when I run it from the terminal server. I'm also running in on the client, so it keeps that alive as well. If I only run it from the client and not the terminal server though, the terminal session times out.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2015 at 5:13 PM
Just released a new version that handles this better.

https://movemouse.codeplex.com/releases/view/615946
Jun 26, 2015 at 1:12 AM
Thank you for the update. This version allows me to run multiple instances from different accounts on the same terminal server, but only the instance first started seems to work. The other instances allow for time outs despite the fact they are running.
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2015 at 10:33 AM
I think the only solution will be to run Move Mouse on the client side, which will trick the Terminal server into thinking the client is always active.
Marked as answer by sw3103 on 3/20/2017 at 2:26 PM