This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Pin to task bar for MoveMOuse

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:58 AM
I downloaded Move Mouse opened the zip folder and set it going, it worked perfectly. Then I decided I wanted to pin it to the task bar. When I clicked on the task bar I got the message "Process´{0}` was not found". I then went back to the original file and got the same message. It seems to be a use-once program. I have win 8.1 (this year) and a logitech mouse (5 years old).

Can you help?

Thank you
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Hi,

I just tried doing as you described (I am also on Windows 8.1) and it worked fine. I was surprised I didn't have to extract it from the zip file first, but it worked anyway.

Can you extract it and maybe try running it from a new location, maybe your desktop? Make sure any other running instances are closed by checking there isn't a Move Mouse icon in your System Tray.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:10 PM
I can delete the icon and reboot, then download the file from the website. I can open it and I get the move mouse working fine. My problem is that I can't save the file or create a working shortcut. After I have done that I get "Process´{0}` was not found". when I try it again. It seems like if I need the movemouse I need to download it fresh from the website. I cant save a working version of it.
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2015 at 9:55 PM
When you download the ZIP file, do you extract it to a folder before running it (right-click > Extract), or do you run it directly from the ZIP file?
Jul 22, 2015 at 10:03 PM
When I download I can open the zip file by double clicking and it works.

What I want to do and cant do is save the zip file or the exe file and then double click it at a later date. That does not work.

Best regards

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Frankel
Blog/Web: www.SolutionsInChemistry.com/blog
Blog: www.ChemistryTutorialCascais.com
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/SolutionsInChemistry
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HowtopassIBchemistry

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2015 at 10:14 PM
Are you having issues downloading and saving files in general, or just files from CodePlex? Which browser are you using?

I use Chrome, which automatically saves any files I download into my Downloads folder.
Marked as answer by sw3103 on 7/27/2015 at 4:37 AM
Jul 23, 2015 at 9:20 AM
No I am not have any problems downloading files using IE 11, which saves into my downloads folder. I have just tried chrome, and it saves into the same downloads folder. The first time I opened the file mouse worked, no problem. Then I cancelled mouse and tried again and I got this message "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created." To get mouse to work I have to close my computer reboot, then download again. The browser I use is irrelevant. I cannot save it for future use.

Best regards

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Frankel

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:00 PM
It now works. I dont know why. But I downloaded with chrome , pinned to my taskbar and I have turned my computer off and rebooted a a few times and it stays on the task bar and starts when I want it to.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Frankel

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Brilliant!

I love issues that resolve themselves :o)