This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Option to disable when screen is locked

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:29 PM
I often sleep my machine when I leave and normally have MM enabled to prevent the screen locking during that session. However this means that if the machine is woken up remotely it stays on the lock screen where MM continues to work and the screen never switches off. I hope you get what I mean.

Would it be possible for an option that tells MM to pause when the screen is locked? This will allow the system to turn off the screen.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2016 at 7:29 AM
Hi,

How is your machine woken up remotely? Are you using RDP to connect to the machine, or perhaps some other remote control software?

From what I have seen MM's actions will not be acknowledged when the machine is locked.

I have been working in MM 4.0 for quite a while now and hope to get it released by the end of the year. An option to disable on lock sounds reasonable and I'll add it to my list of upcoming features.

sw3103
Nov 16, 2016 at 9:07 AM
Hi,

It's woken up using Wake on LAN, and I usually access remotely using Splashtop, but that's not really relevant as I can replicate the problem directly.

For example, I'm logged into my Windows 10 machine and running MM to keep it awake. No problem. I then sleep the machine which works. I then come back later, wake the machine and I am presented with the locked login screen. It will stay awake.

If I repeat the above but don't have MM running, the last part, "It will stay awake" becomes "After a very short time, the screen is switched off by Windows" and the machine obeys the power management settings.

Taomyn
Coordinator
Nov 21, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Hi,

You are absolutely right! Move Mouse will continue to work even when the screen is locked on Windows 10.

For my own sanity I have tested this on Windows 7, 8 and 10, and only Windows 10 allows it to work when locked. This must be something new (or an oversight).

I'll make sure this option is included in 4.0, which I hope to be released later this year.

sw3103